Residential children’s home is seeking a mature, dedicated husband and wife team to live and work directly with up to 8 children of varying ages and backgrounds in a traditional home setting on our 465 acre campus. This is an extended, full-time residential position.
Houseparent couples serve a critical role in breaking the cycle of failure and abuse in the lives of children--working with a team and helping them achieve transformation and restored hope. The home and family is managed based upon traditional values and a Christian worldview. Houseparents are supported by non-residential employees and volunteers who actively participate in the care and nurturing of each child. Additionally, houseparents take an active role and encourage the family’s participation in our working farm community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide discipline and structure, while showing unconditional love to children who may be experiencing this for the first time.
- Provide transportation to school, weekly activities, medical appointments and childcare appointments as required.
- Plan and prepare nutritious family meals.
- Housekeeping, routine home maintenance and overseeing children’s chores.
- Develop and manage a household budget and household finances. Monthly reconciliation and reporting required.
- Daily devotions and weekly church attendance.
- As part of the childcare team, assist in executing a treatment plan for each child including administering medications.
- Timely and thorough preparation of required regulatory and childcare program meetings and reporting.
- Embrace other staff and volunteers as important members of the childcare team and family.
- Interact successfully with extended family members and community based care agencies as required.
- Participate fully with chores and responsibilities related to our working farm community.
- Participate in ongoing childcare training.
- Must be patient and able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills.
- Must be a nonsmoker, adhere to an alcohol policy, and be able to lift 25-30 lbs as required.
- Excellent character, health and emotional stability.
- Energetic and enjoys family social interaction.
- Excellent team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Internet.
- Clear all required childcare screenings, drug tests, psychological and background checks. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Most importantly, the couple should feel “called” to this rewarding position.
- Mature husband and wife team with a minimum of 2 years in a stable marriage.
- Spouses must be at least 25 years of age and experienced at nurturing and raising children, especially teenagers.
- Must reside in a home on campus with up to 8 children.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma (college preferred)
- Experienced at nurturing and raising children, especially teenagers.
- Familiarity with community based care and CPR certification a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
Starting at $36K annually per couple, plus full medical, housing, transportation, and food
To apply, please send an email to Gene, email@example.com.
The below link will take you to an external website or email address to apply to the above hiring organization. Houseparent.com does not accept job applications on behalf of our partner organizations. Please do not send resumes or other personal details to houseparent.com.
Houseparent.com is a career resource and job board for people interested in pursuing a career in residential childcare. Our mission is to connect dedicated married couples and individuals with employers hiring houseparents, cottage parents, teaching couples and other live-in caregiving roles. Our goal is to share tools, resources and career opportunities so that you can make an impact in the lives of children who need it most.